What is Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM?
Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM is a prepaid international SIM card that makes travel better. We provide great rates on data, calls and texts in more than 190 countries.
But we also know that travel is about more than cost - it's about the experience. So we help make your experience easy, smart and safe.
Should you need it, our Australian-based customer support is available around the clock. Our free smartphone App means you're always in control, with instant access to check your balance and recharge. Plus, our great value data packs provide extra savings while you travel.
We've been helping travellers stay connected for more than 10 years, and we'd love to help you too.
Will Prepaid TravelSIM work in my phone or tablet?
Yes, remaining connected with Prepaid TravelSIM® has never been simpler. Before you travel, replace your SIM with a Prepaid TravelSIM®+ to use data, voice and SMS around the world. The SIM will work in any unlocked 3G phone or tablet.
Can I use the internet?
Yes, you can use data, calls and texts with your Prepaid TravelSIM. Mobile data will enable you to browse the internet, check emails, access maps, catch up on social and so much more when you travel.
If you're heading to Europe and want to use data, check out our great value European Data Packs that will save you a further 90% on our already low rates.
To set up data on your device, GO HERE!
What are the rates and coverage of Prepaid TravelSIM?
Visit our rates page to check out our rates and coverage map.
While there, take a look at our European Data Packs.
Where else can I buy Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM?
Prepaid TravelSIM® can be purchsed HERE or over the counter at any Australia Post outlet.
How can I activate my Prepaid TravelSIM?
To activate your Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM go HERE.
Where is my Prepaid TravelSIM phone number?
Your TravelSIM number can be found >
- In your account, see View SIM Dashboard; choose the drop down under Change SIM, here you will see your Prepaid TravelSIM numbers.
- To access your account go HERE.
- After activation, the phone number will appear on the screen. It will also be emailed to you.
Why use the Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM App?
How can I top up?
Top Up using one of the options below.
- Use our FREE Prepaid TravelSIM App to top up directly from your handset - the easiest option
- Add credit via our website
- Text RECHARGE to +61 485 820 123, to automatically add $25 credit
- Call or chat to our 24/7 Australian-based Customer Support Team on +61 2 9233 5165
Don't forget to register your credit card details with us before you leave.
How long does my credit last?
How can I check my balance?
To check your balance:
- Use our FREE Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM App - the easiest option
- Dial *101# into the handset (like a phone call) and the balance will appear on the screeen
- Log into your account
- Send a SMS with the word BALANCE to +61 485 820 123
- Call or web chat to our 24/7 Australian-based Customer Support Team on +61 2 9233 5165
How can I set up data for my Prepaid TravelSIM?
To access data with your Prepaid TravelSIM
- Insert the Prepaid TravelSIM into your device
- Turn data roaming on (leave data roaming off when not in use or in Wifi zones)
- Enter the internet settings into your handset:
Username: leave blank
Password: leave blank
Where do I find the APN settings on my phone?
iPhone: Settings > Cellular or Mobile > Cellular or Mobile Data Network > Mobile Data APN
Android: Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
iPad: Settings > Mobile Data Network
Windows: Settings > Access Point
Other phones: Settings > Internet Settings
How do I call or text from my Prepaid TravelSIM?
Dial with the app:
To call or text from the app, dial like you normally would and let the app take care of the rest.
From your handset:
To make calls or send texts from your keypad you will need to dial in full international format.
To contact a mobile number (e.g. 0427 841 501) dial:
+ 61 427 841 501
mobile number without the leading zero
To contact a landline (fixed) number (e.g. 02 9233 5165) dial:
+ 61 2 9233 5165
area code without the leading zero
To make dialing easy, download and use our free App, it takes care of the international format for you.
How do people call or text my Prepaid TravelSIM number?
We provide you with a new Australian mobile number which means your friends and family can call or text you anywhere in the world for the cost of making a local mobile call or text.
For example, even when you are overseas they would dial like you are in Australia: 0485 850 123
Family and friends who are outside of Australia, will need to add the Australian international code and drop the leading zero.
For example: +61 485 850 123
Couldn't find what you were looking for? Search our knowledge base below.